About the role
The Growth associate role is a multi-disciplinary role straddling proposition development, sales and marketing. You will be part of a new team with a mandate to grow one of Certua’s Embedded Insurance propositions across Medical Malpractice, Cyber or Life.
Your first task is to learn the ins and outs of our proposition, evaluate a market, engage with its participants, learn from them and develop a thesis for engagement.
We are building new products and opening new markets, so your subsequent approach to growth will be experiment driven, trialling combinations of new, as well as tried and tested, techniques and iterating to build a world class model for growth in your market.
This role will have exceptional access to new opportunities, learnings and will interface directly with members of Certua’s founding team.
Market evaluation and research
- This is more than secondary market research online and report writing, this is primary market research and proactive engagement with potential customers in the form of in person customer interviews, surveys and networking. We need you to become the industry expert in your market for embedded insurance
Content and collateral creation
- We aren’t promoting the PowerPoint pandemic (although a useful tool at your disposal), content and collateral at Certua encompasses diagrams, social posts, blogs, infographics, demo videos – An opportunity to get creative
Prospecting and engagement
- Every market is different and finding an approach that works is a mountain to climb but the rewards available as the flywheel starts to turn are great. We are entering new markets with new products which add enormous value but require significant education. B2B prospecting, lead generation and engagement will require an experimental approach to see what works
- We are constantly iterating on our propositions in every market and our most important input is customer feedback – use your customer engagements to extract and refine proposition feature requests which land you the next 10 clients
Relationship and project management
- Growth doesn’t only apply to new customer acquisition, we need to help our existing customers to grow. Identifying opportunities and running new marketing campaigns, recommending upsell/cross sell opportunities are all part of our duty to our partners and we need to be able to support on this proactively.
Nothing is a deal breaker, we embrace outliers and welcome applicants who can prove us wrong on the below benchmarks:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a B2B growth, product, product marketing or business development role
- Evidence of having worked on new market growth or expansion projects for a new/innovative product
- Evidence of having quickly upskilled in new domains
- Alignment to our mission
Certua is on a mission to accelerate the world’s progress towards financial resilience. We are a fintech company solving societal issues surrounding financial resilience and organisation with a family of embedded products and services. This means our clients - whether a digital platform looking to boost margin growth and customer retention, an SME on the hunt for business insurance, or an individual arranging their estate - have access to the tools they need to secure their financial future.
Founded in 2016, Certua is headquartered in London, UK. For more information, please visit www.certua.io.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Remote first (this role will require travel to our London office at least once a week for in-person workshops and meetings)
- Options scheme
- World class team
Performance will be measured against OKRs and mutually agreed KPIs.
With strong performance against assigned OKRs and KPIs, the candidate will see quick progression ~1 year to a Growth Lead role, with ownership of an assigned market and proposition.
Luke Bewley - https://www.linkedin.com/in/lukebewley/